Beam has delivered programmes encourage participants to:
- Respect and understand diversity.
- Gain an awareness of the values, beliefs, customs and traditions of others.
- Understand own identity and respect others from different community and cultural backgrounds, abilities, orientations.
- Develop a positive perception of others from a different community/cultural background.
- Understand the issues around the legacy of the conflict and the changing demographics of Northern Ireland and Border Counties
- Promote positive engagement between people of different religious, political and cultural backgrounds.
- Understand the impact prejudice and hate crime has in their community.
- Demonstrate how they can positively impact the culture around them.
- Understand the impact of division and the importance of cross border / cross community network and shared spaces in relation to Peace and Reconciliation.
We use interactive learning techniques, discussion and visual aids to provide a lasting image and message amongst those participating.
Our awareness programme will include a variety of thought-provoking activities, including role play and scene development to challenge attitudes and behaviours.